Hair extensions, the only way to thicken and lengthen your hair with a click of a clip!(I have no idea where I would be without them) but they are expensive and a little high maintenance, so invest some money in really good Remy Indian hair because we pay for what we get, there are also some other cheap alternatives to Remy Indian hair if a quick fix is all you’re after, just make sure it’s human and not synthetic!
Here’s a few quick tips on maintaining the quality of your extensions:
1. Always brush in a downward manner
2. Always wash in a downward manner, no heavy duty scrubbing!
3. Use a gentle shampoo and condition (I personally use Johnson baby shampoo and conditioner)
4. Avoid hair drying the hair (this causes it to frizz at the ends) always let it air dry or set them in hot press cupboard
5. Never ever, EVER did i say ever? brush wet extensions, it causes breakage like there’s no tomorrow. Before you know it your extenions are 5inches not 20”
6. Don’t want to invest in a special extensions brush, just use a wise tooth comb
7. Find the ends of your extensions are frizzing slightly or splitting, I make a mask of olive oil and let it soak over night or soak it in olive oil put it in a carrier bag and blast it with the hairdryer for a few minutes! (This makes the hair super shiny and seals split ends!) P.s this is also really good for your natural hair
8. All hair extensions have gone through a very intense chemical colouring process to get their final colour so it will be very hard to get an accurate result when self dying, what I suggest is buy a lighter colour if youre planning on dying them and never bleach them!
alexiamain likes this